Wednesday 9 March 2011

SONG OF THE WEEK #2: Robyn Hitchcock - "Uncorrected Personality Traits" (live)


Besides being one of the greatest songs of all time, "Uncorrected Personality Traits" (first appeared on Robyn's classic solo album I Often Dream of Trains) is also one of those that never fail to bring a smile to my face. The lyrics are phenomenal, of course, but this being an a capella song, the performance is what counts. And this here live rendition is every bit as eccentric and irresistible as you would expect from a man like Robyn Hitchcock. This might sound like a dried-out cliche, but if you've never heard this one - you've never lived. 

Getting back to the lyrics, I feel I can't get away without mentioning one of YouTube's comments: "I paid a lot of money in college for the information that is in this less than 3 minute song!"






No comments:

Post a Comment